in⚧️die zine March 2021
A downloadable zine
2021's first edition of the in*die zine!
Our theme this time is GENDER—norms, expectations, feels. Get four intriguing games, two interesting supplements for your table, one epic photocomic, and d66 sets of pronouns for your characters. Smash the patriarchy and deconstruct gender!
All proceeds go directly to the creators of this zine, and your support is a vote in support of the indie TTRPG scene!
Here's what you can find in this issue:
- In Die20! III: Revenge of the Cis, read about how RPGs lock us down to a single category and identity, and how and why we might want to rethink that.
- In Seven Rituals for Divination, reflect on experiences of and relationships with gender.
- In d66 Pronouns, roll to find some innovative character pronouns.
- In Social Deconstruction, explore the social construction of gender by making and breaking your own gender system.
- In HyperHalfling's Lists, meet a selection of non-binary persons who may populate your game space.
- In Songs and Poems for Yon Adventures, find a song that is definitely not a thinly veiled reference to how gender expression is taught to us.
- In There's a reason Knights have Shining Armour, babe, explore the themes of gender dysphoria through the disconnect of a person's values and the expectations of their knightly order
- In For The King: A Chess RPG, play An RPG of struggle, duty, and rebellion on a 8x8 chessboard.
- In Crocheted Adventurers, meet a new character in this ongoing yarn.
Credits: Die20! III: Revenge of the Cis is written by Julian K, with art by Nynphaiel. Seven Rituals for Divination is written by Nynphaiel. d66 Pronouns is written by Georgie Bats. Social Deconstruction – A Gender Norm Generation Game is written by Alda Yuan. HyperHalfling's Lists #3 is written by Danielle Stephens, with sensitivity reading by Jane Hermiston. Songs and Poems for Yon Adventures is written and scored by Sen.H.H.S, with art by angela quidam. There's a reason Knights have Shining Armour, babe is written by Richard Chompff, with art by Nynphaiel. For The King: A Chess RPG is written by Dave Seidman Joria. Crocheted Adventurers is created by Micah Reid. The editors were Jane Hermiston, Marx Shepherd and Nynphaiel. This project was organised by Marx Shepherd. Layout and graphic design by Craig Duffy and Nynphaiel. Cover art collage by Nynphaiel.
In order to download this zine you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this zine at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
We think the in⚧die zine should be available to everyone, regardless of their ability to pay. With that in mind, we priced our zine low, and gave a discount here on Itchio.
But, if the price is still a hardship, go ahead and claim a free copy. No questions.
Every $20 of sales will add one new community copy to the pool.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.